How did the top icons in science, technology, entrepreneurship, entertainment, literature, and business launch their careers? What qualities do people like Maya Angelou, Warren Buffet and Pitbull have in common that helped them overcome immense challenges and rise to the top of their respective fields? The answer lies in gaining access through ‘the third door.’
As a freshman in college, Alex Banayan was searching for a book that would explain how high achievers got past rejection and obstacles to reach the upper echelons of success. When he couldn’t find one, Alex set out on a quest to interview several of his heroes and write the book himself. Though it took a little longer than expected, Alex did succeed in scoring interviews with a number of celebrated icons and publishing The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers. Along the way, Alex has been named to Forbes 30 Under 30 and contributed to major publications including Fast Company, The Washington Post, and TechCrunch.
Today, Alex joins us on the Boost VC podcast to share his journey to becoming a published author, discussing the highly unconventional way he funded the writing of his book. Alex offers insight around what he learned in the process of interviewing the highly successful, how the idea of ‘the third door’ plays into all their stories, and why his personal priorities have changed as a result of recent experience. Listen in for his epic story of chasing Larry King through Whole Foods and learn how Alex’s definition of success has evolved—with a little help from Steve Wozniak.
Connect with Alex
- The Third Door http://thirddoorbook.com/
- Alex on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AlexBanayan/
- Alex on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/alexbanayan/
- Alex on Twitter https://twitter.com/AlexBanayan
- Alex on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/alexbanayan
- The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers by Alex Banayan https://www.amazon.com/Third-Door-Successful-Launched-TheirCareers-ebook/dp/B076NS2JSW
Connect with Boost VC
- Boost VC Website https://www.boost.vc/
- Boost VC on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/boostvc/
- Boost VC on Twitter https://twitter.com/BoostVC